No one can deny the fact that longer the visitor stays on your website more there is a chance of a sale. People who are interested in what you are offering on your website are those that stay on your website for long enough to check everything out before making any decision.
This article will help you understand how you can build a sticky page and how your business can benefit from it in the long run. Our goal while creating a sticky page should be to create a page that offers great quality information to the visitors, and is absolutely unique and error free. You would be surprised to know the fact that all the search engines (mainly Google) uses several indicators through which they calculate the time spent on a page by visitors. This helps them in deciding which web page should be ranked higher.
So How Does Visitors Read a Page?
Keep in mind that visitors don’t just read, they actually scan a page. The below heat map will give you a clear idea of where visitors tend to look at a webpage. Red Colored marks indicate areas where users tend to look frequently.
heatmap by eyetools.com
What is Important for Visitors?
I am sure you would have heard about “Content is King”.
Few years back people needed to do a lot of Off Page optimization (a part of SEO) in order to gain rankings in search engines, due to the complex algorithm of Google and other search engines. However in last 1 year things have changed and Google has started giving utmost importance to the relevance and quality of content, which is exactly what web users are looking for all the time. So, instead of trying to crack the algorithm, you should opt for producing ultra high quality content and Google will rank it on its own.
How to write content that keeps the visitors longer?
- Give them something unique – something that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Clear and clean language that is understood by all.
- Meaningful and descriptive titles.
- Make your sentence structure perfect. Strip down longer paragraphs into a few smaller ones.
- Keep it all interesting as if it is some sort of a story.
- Make 100% sure that there is no grammatical, spelling or other types of errors.
- Add an interesting yet relevant picture at the start of the content.
- Chose color of your text in contrast with the background of the page. It makes it easier to read.
- Use bullet information more often.
- BOLD the important information.
- If possible and necessary, add a video as well – This will increase the time spend on each page drastically.
- Engage users in Poll, Quiz or Guest Books.
What Makes Visitors Run Away?
- Un-attractive Design
- Spelling and Grammatical Mistakes.
- Key information is hard to find.
- No Text Formatting.
- Too many Ads.
- Distracting and hard to read color combinations.
Avoid doing the above mistakes and you would definitely end up creating a page that attracts visitors more than any other ordinary page.